- Belhus Woods Country Park
- Cressing Temple
- Cudmore Grove Country Park
- Danbury Country Park
- Hadleigh Country Park
- Gt Notley and the Flitch Way
- Marsh Farm Country Park
- Thorndon Country Park
- Weald Country Park
Places to Visit
Danbury Country Park
Address: Woodhill Road, Danbury, CM3 4AW
Telephone: 0845 603 7624.
- Picnic Area
- Fishing Lake
- Dogs Allowed
Danbury Country Park is set within the grounds of Danbury Palace and offers a blend of ornamental gardens and lakes, together with adjoining woodland and meadows.
A few historical structures survive within the boundaries of the park including the ice house where, before refrigerators, ice would have been collected from the lakes during the winter and stored for use in the kitchens of the palace.
The path around the lakes is suitable for most users including prams and buggies and takes a route alongside the tranquil waters of the lakes and past the gardens from where you can gain tantalising views of the house and old chapel. Late spring brings spectacular displays of rhododendrons in the gardens. It is also a good time to see the new families of ducklings and other birds around the lakes.
In the summer the meadows are filled with wildflowers and grasses which in turn attract a wealth of butterflies and insects. In contrast, the paths into the woodland offer respite from the sun in the dappled shade of ancient oaks, hornbeams and sweet chestnuts.
To help you enjoy all Danbury has to offer, the rangers organise various children's and family activities during the year, as well as activities with gardening and wildlife themes.
- Set within the grounds of Danbury Palace
- Visit the Ice House and view the HAHA's
- Walking routes that take you around the tranquil waters of the lakes
- View the spectacular flower displays in Spring and Summer
- Take part in the monthly nature club or join the family run events.
- Level site with both easy and moderate trails for wheelchair users
- Picnic benches suitable for wheelchair users
- Disabled parking bays in lakes car park
- Battery operated buggies - phone first to ensure gates are opened
The park is open daily from 8:00am till dusk. (please check car park for details of closing times)
Danbury Country Park
Woodhill Road, Danbury, CM3 4AW