- Belhus Woods Country Park
- Cressing Temple
- Cudmore Grove Country Park
- Danbury Country Park
- Hadleigh Country Park
- Gt Notley and the Flitch Way
- Marsh Farm Country Park
- Thorndon Country Park
- Weald Country Park
Places to Visit
Thorndon Country Park
Address: The Avenue, Brentwood, CM13 3RZ
Telephone: 0845 603 7624.
- Picnic Area
- Dogs Allowed
- Horse Riding
- BBQ's Thorndon South Only
- Available for Functions
- Iconic Views
This beautiful country park contains a diverse range of habitats and is managed both for people and for its precious wildlife.
A surfaced track connects the wooded and heathland areas of Thorndon North with the more open parkland of Thorndon South. The path runs through the Old Park, an area owned and managed as a traditional wood pasture by the Woodlands Trust, and is designed to be used by all, whether on foot, cycle, mobility scooter or horse.
In spring, the woodlands of Thorndon North are filled with the scent and colour of bluebells, anemones and other woodland flowers. The woods are rich in birdlife and attract many species of migrant and over-wintering birds including bramblings, siskins and redpolls. In contrast, in summer, the open parkland at Thorndon South is busy with families enjoying barbeques and picnics, whilst drinking in views reaching out across countryside and into the heart of Canary Wharf.
The park contains rare areas of heathland which are being carefully managed and restored in the most traditional and effective manner - by a hard-working herd of sheep and goats! It's also a great place to spot a wide variety of butterflies, including some rarities, and the rangers run an extensive list of events throughout the year for all ages and interests.
- A beautiful country park containing a diverse range of habitats
- Walk in precious woods, historic parkland and timeless commons.
- Experience atmospheric places charged with a sense of history and filled with the scent of wildflowers and the call of birds
- Whether on foot, bicycle or horseback you can enjoy the peace and wildlife of the Brentwood countryside.
- Rare areas of heathland
- See sheep and goats grazing pasture grounds as part of the Essex biodiversity project
- Family run events throughout the year.
- Four wheeled battery powered scooter available through Parkmobility scheme from Thorndon North Centre - pre book on 01277 232944
If you would like to join the Thorndon Volunteer Community Group click www.thorndonguardians.org.uk
The park is open daily from 8:00am till dusk
Thorndon Country Park
The Avenue, Brentwood, CM13 3RZ